Saturday, August 17, 2013

Bouchercon 2013 and what I'll do there

I'll be moderating two panels at Bouchercon 2013, which begins Thursday, Sept. 19, in Albany, New York.

First up, on Thursday at 4 p.m., is "World War II and Sons," in which I whip authors James R. Benn, J. Robert Janes, John Lawton, Martin Limón, and Susan Elia MacNeal into fighting shape with a discussion of crime fiction set in wartime and its run-up and aftermath.

Then, after a quiet evening with a good book followed by a solid eight hours of sleep and a frugal yet nutritious breakfast, it's "Goodnight, My Angel: Hard-Boiled, Noir, and the Reader's Love Affair With Both" on Friday at 10:20 a.m., with Eric Beetner, Mike Dennis, Dana King, Terrence McCauley, and Jonathan Woods.

That's a nice mix of authors I've read and admired, authors I'd heard about but not read until now, and a couple whose names were new to me. And that means I should be in for a stimulating and entertaining Bouchercon, and I hope you will be, too.

Here's the complete Bouchercon schedule. See you in Albany.

© Peter Rozovsky 2013

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , ,

8 Comments:

Blogger seana graham said...

I believe everything except your itinerary between the two discussions.

August 17, 2013  
Blogger Peter Rozovsky said...

So you know what really goes on at these events, do you?

In fact, the carousing may require more planning than usual, as the events will take a place at a convention center, with the attendees spread among a number of hotels. This raises the important question of where "the" hotel bar will be. Fortunately, a bit of sleuthing turned up the answer.

You should consider heading down the road a spell next year, when Bouchercon happens in Long Beach.

August 17, 2013  
Blogger Kelly Robinson said...

I've wanted to go to one of these for about as long as I can remember.

August 17, 2013  
Blogger seana graham said...

Yes, I am thinking about it. We'll see where life finds me at that point. I am not much of a long term planner.

August 17, 2013  
Blogger Peter Rozovsky said...

Kelly, I don't know where you live, but the next four Bouchercons are 2014: Long Beach, Calif.; 2015: Raleigh, N.C.; 2016: ?; 2017: Toronto.

August 17, 2013  
Blogger Peter Rozovsky said...

Seana, see the list of Bouchercons above. No matter where you are, Bouchercon, like the Monkees, may be comin' to your town.

August 17, 2013  
Anonymous Ovidia said...

That's great news. I'll be at Bouchercon too (my first time) and I'll try to catch your panels.
Love your blog, btw!

August 18, 2013  
Blogger Peter Rozovsky said...

This a post about a crime-fiction convention, so it's appropriate Blogger has just murdered the comment I tried to post. I'll try again.

Thanks for the kind words. Enjoy Bouchercon and, if you attend my panels, I hope you'll be persuaded to read the authors, if you have not done so already.

August 18, 2013  

Post a Comment

<< Home