Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Meme me up, Scottie

I have been tagged by Declan "Dad" Burke at Crime Always Pays with the following meme:

1. Pick up the nearest book.
2. Open it to page 123.
3. Find the fifth sentence.
4. Post the next three sentences.
5. Tag five people, and acknowledge who tagged you.

My answers:
1) The book is Queenpin by Megan Abbott.
2) I have just opened it to page 123.
3) Ignoring the sentence that carries over from page 122, I have counted off the first five sentences, which got me to:
4) "Through everything. The dress I'd finally peeled off at 3 A.M., shivering and shaken to the core. She'd asked me to hand it to her through the partially open bathroom door."
4a) Wow!
5) I tag, with apologies, Patti Abbott, Sandra Ruttan, "Linkmeister," Juri Nummelin, and Adrian Hyland.

© Peter Rozovsky 2008

Labels: ,

9 Comments:

Blogger Linkmeister said...

Ouch. The trouble with this meme is that unless you're stagnant you've got a different book at hand this time than the first time you got hit with it. ;)

Yours does sound a tad steamy, and I don't mean from the shower.

April 22, 2008  
Blogger Peter Rozovsky said...

Wow, I didn't realize the meme had been around that long. I wonder if any of my other tagees had also been previously victimized. Perhaps I'll tag someone else instead.

Steamy, yes. The book is crackling with undercurrents of danger and electricity of all kinds in every word, rarely overtly sexual. The scene in question is not at all pre-, during or post-sexual activity, for example, but the steaminess is enough to wilt the pages.

April 22, 2008  
Blogger Sandra Ruttan said...

As far as memes go, this is a good one. All about spreading the word about books, so I'm glad I got tagged, just sorry I'm in the playroom at the moment...

April 22, 2008  
Blogger Linkmeister said...

Oh, I'll play, Peter, no worries. But it'll be later today or tomorrow.

April 22, 2008  
Blogger Peter Rozovsky said...

I thank you both for your consideration and forbearance! And thanks, Sandra, for that validation of this exercise. I'm happy to spread the word about Queenpin.

April 23, 2008  
Blogger Linkmeister said...

Here you are, sir.

The paperback covers of these books are extraordinarily well done. Sexiest fully-dressed witch I've ever seen. ;)

April 23, 2008  
Blogger Peter Rozovsky said...

I agree with you about the covers. That's one coven of shapely witches.

April 23, 2008  
Blogger Juri said...

Will try to come up with something funny. The nearest book is... oh my god... no, not that one! On to the next candidate: it's a technical dictionary.

April 24, 2008  
Blogger Peter Rozovsky said...

Hmm, a technical dictionary ought to be fun even if it happens to be in English.

April 24, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home