Wednesday, June 06, 2007

Ken Bruen at home

Mystery Readers International, publishers of articles and reviews by figures in the crime-fiction world including yours truly, offers this question and answer session with Ken Bruen. The interviewer is Reed Farrel Coleman, author of the multiple-award winning The James Deans.

Among the subjects are Bruen's college studies in metaphysics. (Bruen is the second person I have heard of who pursued that branch of inquiry as a formal area of study. The first was that figure in the Woody Allen joke who studied metaphysics in college and got kicked out for cheating because "I got caught looking within the soul of the boy sitting next to me.")

Coleman also asks Bruen what he things of blogging, to which Bruen replies:

"I blog on Murderati twice a month purely to stop the evil vile shite the blogs are currently pushing, and I took the gig to put it back to writing, books and all of that.

"What the rest do......... way I see it bro, you need to thrash somebody and you think doing it publicly on a blog is the way, God freakin help you."


Anyone have any idea what "evil vile shite" he's talking about?

© Peter Rozovsky 2007

Labels:

3 Comments:

Anonymous solo said...

Sorry to bother you, Peter, but the link on this June 2007 post to Murderati does not go to the right Murderati.

That Ken Bruen sounds a bit bolshie on blogs, doesn't he. I wonder what bug was up his ass.

March 04, 2010  
Blogger Peter Rozovsky said...

The link once worked. I assume that the post has been deleted or that th eblog no longer exists. I'm not sure what set Bruen off. An attack on him or on one of his friends, I presume.

March 04, 2010  
Blogger Peter Rozovsky said...

Oh, and thanks. No bother.

March 04, 2010  

Post a Comment

<< Home