Monday, January 08, 2007

A bibliography of crime fiction

I've posted about the Bloomsbury Good Reading Guide to Crime Fiction and T.S. Binyon's Murder Will Out: The Detective in Fiction. Here's a worthy companion to those two works on any crime-fiction reader's bookshelf, even though the revised edition does not yet exist in a form that can be shelved. Go to the Mystery File for information Crime Fiction IV: A Comprehensive Bibliography, 1749-2000, including links to addenda in the revised edition.

© Peter Rozovsky 2007

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm quite close to buying '100 Must-read Crime Novels' by the same author which came out in September. (It's in my 'basket' at a major online book store!)

January 09, 2007  
Blogger Peter Rozovsky said...

As much as I hate being told anything is a "must read," let me know how you like that book.

H.R.F. Keating wrote a similar book that I wouldn't mind taking a look at, less to find recommendations than to see what he has to say about great crime novels and what makes them great. That might stimulate me to think about books I like and why I like them.

January 09, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home